Friday, May 27, 2011
1. If I could get away somewhere for the weekend I would go...I actually am going to Savannah, GA this weekend to catch up with some old college girl friends. Can you say, GIRLS WEEKEND? Hell yeah!
2. Something I often rant about is living at home again after being on my own on the other side of the world. I don't mind catching up with the folks, but for my sanity and theirs, this has got to end soon.
3. One item I need to have in my fridge at all times is iced tea. I never used to like it, but lately I have been consuming it by the gallon almost. I make my own and don't brew it as sweet or as strong as the southerners like it, but I do need to have some on hand at all times.
4. My "life-saving" product is my hair straightener, though with summer in the south coming on, I fear it's going to be a frizzy hair day everyday.
5. A friend is someone who lets you know when to stop or start, and listens at all times. She is someone who speaks the truth in a way that no other person can.
6. If I could write my own blank it would be my favorite summer drink is...(alcoholic or not).
7. My favorite kind of art is anything I can make with recycled materials.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
"These are the words I want etched n my gravestone: That I was a helper. And that I danced." ~Anne LaMott in Grace, Eventually
June 20, 2007
"Hungover? Like an alcoholic preacher on a Sunday morning." ~John Green, Looking for Alaska
"There's your labyrinth of suffering. we are all going. Find your way out of that maze." ~John Green, Looking for Alaska
"My mouth tasted like a skunk had crawled into my throat and died." ~John Green in Looking for Alaska, describing a hangover
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
1) Took the SAT test again, for a C2 Education tutor interview. They are looking for SAT tutors. I sucked at the SAT the first time I took it. As with the last. We'll see what comes of that.
2) Sent a package to my Korea co-workers and friends. I hope that gets there soon. Let me know, friends!
3) Looking for a part for my car. I'm looking for a lens for my headlight, and one out of three auto part stores I went to actually had the part. I ordered it, and it will be in tomorrow. Then I actually have to worry about having the part installed. Oy.
4) I set up an appointment with the woman that runs the program I want to apply to at UGA. We shall see how that goes.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
1. Portland, Oregon
2. Charleston, South Carolina
3. San Fransisco, California
4. New York City, New York
5. Knoxville, Tennessee
6. Denver, Colorado
7. Washington, DC
8. St. Paul, Minnesota (but only for the summer/fall months!)
9. Seattle, Washington
10. Athens, Georgia
Maybe, I just have a grass is greener attitude and want to get the fuck out of Atlanta! :)
Monday, May 2, 2011
Wrong E-mail Address
A Minnesota couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday, with the wife flying down the following day.
The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address and without realizing his error, sent the email. Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband’s funeral. The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted. The widow’s son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:
To: My Loving Wife
Subj: I’ve Arrived
Date: March 9, 2011
I know you’re surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I’ve just arrived and have been checked in. I’ve seen that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is an uneventful as mine was.
P.S. Sure is hot down here!!!