Saturday, November 5, 2011

Idle time...

It seems so rare to have a weekend where I'm not working these days, that I don't know what to do with myself on the free ends of the weeks. I do love my job, but it is emotionally exhausting and I am finding more and more that I have trouble "unwinding" when I'm not at work. Like, I am always fearing that phone call that I did something wrong, or made a wrong decision, or didn't write something down, heaven forbid. I just feel that I can never quite relax. If I'm not thinking about work, then it's school, and what the next big step is. That's the problem with transitions. They take twice as much effort as the period before the transition. I just hope the effort is worth it. Lately I've been in quite the rut. What have you done to bust out of your ruts? How do you deal with stress at work?

2 comments:

Blubtrflygrl said...

Have you started your new job yet?

With work stress I try to take a step back and remind myself that most often, there is a solution. Or not to personalize things too much.

And at the end of the day, it's just work.........and not something to get all crazy and emotional over.

Jennrose2020 said...

Thanks for the reminder. I do have to remind myself to take a step back every so often. I had a good weekend at work this weekend, and just kind of let everything roll off and enjoyed the company of my residents. I may get a nasty phone call about finance management or what they "chose" to spend their money on, but in the end it's all small stuff and just needs to put into perspective.