Saturday, August 11, 2012

Does blogger do this too?

So blogger has started to ignore my formatting as of late, lumping all of my text into one big paragraph, regardless of how I had it formatted here. Is that annoying or what? Does that happen to anyone else? Do I need to to some code or something to keep that from happening. I've actually started using wordpress a bit more, blogging over there, so if this doesn't iron itself out that may be a more permanent solution. Really sucks though because I have been blogging with blogger for over ten years! I would hate to fade out now. But I may just have to because this is getting rediculous! Helps!

1 comment:

Gemma Dahl said...

Rachel, this is Gemma from QLC forums. Have you tried switching to HTML mode on the Dashboard and using basic mark-up tags in your blog entries?

Check out this tips page from Blogger. You can also check out the basic HTML formatting tags for paragraphs, bold, italics, etc. at the World Wide Web Consortium – W3C Schools.

Professionally, I have used WordPress a lot more often as a CMS, and I think it's a great tool. However, if you don't have a lot of web design experience, Blogger is the best blog platform, I have found. I have trained a couple clients on it and they like it a lot.

I'm wondering if Google has scheduled Blogger for maintenance, or if they've changed the set-up again. They change their search algorithms often enough – maddening to keep up with! = D