Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Self-reflection from a six-year-old

"I didn't HIT anyone at all today."

The following words were spoken by one of the six-year-olds in my after school activity today, at the end of the day, as we were cleaning up and getting ready to head to the busses for dismissal. Keep in mind, this comment came with no prompting what-so-ever from me. Only all day of reminding him the day before to keep his hands to himself and to control his body. I thought it was pretty amazing, for such a young kid to come up with something so, well, profound--for lack of a better word. Or maybe my standards have just been lowered beyond belief. Who knows?

What was the most amazing thing a kid has said to you today? This week?

1 comment:

Mrs. Apron said...

On two separate occasions, while stalling and making excuses a) not to clean up and b) not to go to circle, a 5 year old said to me:

a) I can't clean up; it's not safe.

b) I can't go to circle; it's too scary.

I love this kid, even if I want to throttle him sometimes!