Saturday, January 29, 2011

Good God I'm Bad at Updating this Thing

It's not that I'm bad at updating; it's just that I don't have a whole lot of substantial things happen to me that merits updating. I promised my friends and family at home that I'd keep a blog of my Korea adventures. I knew it would be exciting. Honestly though, eight months in, I'm getting bogged down in daily routines, schedules, work, and more work. Not that any of that makes for even a remotely interesting post. I promise a more interesting post soon, and I'm a little anxious to deliver. But I just can't bring myself to do any of that.

What can I say? I've just been really consumed in work lately and I can't say that I'm really that good at it. I've lost the mindfulness that good teaching requires. That's what Korea will do to you I suppose. Just get it done. I'm almost "over" it. I suppose that is what eight months of it will do to you.

For those that have traveled and taught abroad, how do you keep that sense of energy and passion you had at the very beginning? How do you keep going? I have found a decent outside of work network of things to do and see, but I just can't seem to break over that that hump. Could it be that I am just "over" Korea? Is there such a thing?

Or am I just whining too much...

No comments: