Friday, July 15, 2011

Another week drawn to a close

And it brings with it a lot of learning and overall newness and probably some transition. I am not done, as I do even more at the house this weekend. I really do enjoy learning about it so far and it will be interesting in practice. Someone told me that it's all about documentation, and man, that person wasn't kidding. You know who you are. I will be a documentation wizard by the end of this month. I also realized how many people's communication and documentation skills need work, as we had to actually practice writing incident reports today, and then swap them with our training neighbor and have them tell us what to better. Man, people just can't write. My supervisor said she was very pleased with mine and said she'd have no problems if all of my reports came in like that. LOL. I was a teacher (and almost English and Journalism major) here, remember? I guess I'm just worried about practical application now. I know I can do it, but in the real world, there just isn't a whole lot of time to sit down and think about what happened and write a detailed report, but it's all about making the time. I think I will get better at it as time goes on, and I look forward to the weekend and coming month's challenges! I also look forward to getting to know the ladies in the house, as they are known to have quite the "personality" and "a better social life than most of the staff." LOL.

1 comment:

Blubtrflygrl said...

Writing is such a vital skill to have for the human services field. It's amazing how many people lack this skill.

I have lots of training material in areas such as note writing and incident reporting if you would be interested at some point. I can just email it to you :)