Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yes

Number one thing that comes up for me in the face of my anxiety recently. It's spring, and it's wedding and baby season. There's nothing like a facebook feed full of engagement ring shots and baby pics to get that old compare game fiercely stirring in one's mind. It's vicious, and if you're not careful, can send you down into a spiraling heap of self pity on the floor. I had to catch myself thinking today that my life is no different than anyone else's. OK, it's different. But it's not any worse. I'm an equal. I have just as much right to be occupying space on this planet as the married girl next to me in line at the yoga studio blabbing about her babysitting service. My life is real. And important. And that's that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In all honesty, the having-babies announcements make me think, "Aww...your life is over!" The engagements make me slightly bitter but I'll work on it. :)