Saturday, January 12, 2013

I've got my bite guard in; I'm ready to take on the world!

I can't believe how fast January is passing us by! I haven't accomplished anything except maybe six graduate applications, which are still in the works. Oh, and lots and lots of online dates. Ugh! I should qualify that. Lots and lots of online FIRST dates. With less than stellar men. I mean, these men are respectable, at best, but I must say I am not impressed, or not attracted to them, or something. There is something very different between reading a profile and typing chats back and forth and having fun in person. And good god if people would learn the power of a good RECENT photo.

I am sorry; I have just learned the power of being picky and turning people away. I have a promising coffee date tomorrow at 3pm though. I've learned not to judge conversations online too much, and to take them with a grain of salt, but if this one is anything like he is online it should be a good time. It's almost like a job, if you take this dating thing seriously.

I also am getting good practice controlling my emotions. The ex from church is dating someone else from church, and while I didn't think it would effect me that much, I am finding myself in those "grief surges" my therapist talked about. My grief surges over my first BF are almost gone, so I guess I have to have someone to "grief surge" about. I find myself wondering what she has that I don't; then I remember that the answer to that question is probably nothing except the fact that she was willing to go just a little farther than I was. It makes me sad, and makes me feel like a little bit of a prude, but also makes me feel proud that I can get myself through this. Sometimes.

My class starts on Tuesday of this week; I'm taking Intro to Audiology this semester and that is my last pre-req class for the program! After grad applications are in, it's all about waiting, which will suck in its own way.

My choir is taking on Brahms Requeium (sp?) and I am learning GERMAN for that, so that will be a challenge. I homework, LOL. It will be fun. And hard. And we are going on a retreat in a few weeks, so that will be exciting. :)

That is all for now. Have a great Sunday people!
Post a Comment