Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dating adventures


It seems as though I have been juggling men lately, and am in a place where I hold the power to say “you are the weakest link. goodbye.” I’ve never been in that place before, so it’s a good feeling. Still, I’m not quite sure I like it. Who am I to cast off anyone I don’t deem fit to date me? I mean, we are all human. It’s such a shitty feeling to be rejected, and I hate when its done to me, so naturally I would hate doing it others. But the man I rejected yesterday (via text because he REFUSED to pick up the phone) was just not worth my time. If you are on a dating site people, be ready to date and not waste my time. Don’t say you are game to meet at 3pm when you have to work until 2pm.

You’ve lived in Atlanta for 7 years, you know how the traffic patterns are. Don’t call me at 3:30 saying traffic is awful. I don’t tolerate that shit. I deserve better. Don’t call with your windows open and sore throat so I can’t understand a word you are saying. And don’t get pissed when I cancel because I have to be somewhere else at 7pm. You said you’d be there at 3 and were 45 minutes late without a word until the 30-minute mark. I have the right to not give you a second chance. Dating is the one realm of life where you can fire someone for being them, after all.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You are the PERFECT person to filter people not worthy of dating you. Time and energy are your greatest gift to someone, so why waste it on a person who is a disrespectful mess? ;)

Jennrose2020 said...

Thanks Valerie! You're the best. You always know what to say in the right moment. :)