Saturday, September 7, 2013

Morning Madness

I tell you, getting up to walk 5K (even if it is just a walk) is invigorating, especially when you are doing it with two women that are intellectually and professionally very similar to where you want to be in 10 years. Seriously, good walk with two members of the Early Childhood Education faculty, one of whom taught students I teach currently, and just generally good conversation while torching off 300+ calories. Such a bad feeling about academia and how cut-throat, politically-charged, and gossipy, but I guess that goes with the territory of putting 30+ women in a department together. I'm not sure I am the person to succeed in a world where relationship building is so important, and I don't really like conflict. I'm more one of those to do the job I was given and get out. I enjoy talks that improve my practice. I enjoy being challenged once again.

I am currently enjoying listening to NPR programs and lounging in bed with a cup of tea and a book. Should be studying or working, but what are you going to do? It's Saturday! I am going to enjoy at least part of my weekend. What are you up to this weekend?

No comments: