Friday, November 8, 2013

Dear class of 2014

What you don't know is...I was you, 10 years ago. You all are so eager to capture your world and take it by storm, and I love it. What you don't know it that you are scared. You are scared because this is life. You are about to take the world, and its children, by storm. You are about to rock the world's Pre-K through 2nd graders by storm. I know, because I was you exactly 10 years ago. 10 years ago I was in your very shoes, ready to take on my first class of 1st graders. I was ready to rock their very world. What I didn't know is that the world is a very scary place. I might have passed my own student teaching experience. I might have even survived my first teaching placement. But what I want you to know is that you are a very sacred individual. You deserve to be loved by you and you first. No matter what or where you end up teaching. You are worthy of helping those you help. In Oklahoma or wherever you end up. Please don't lose touch and please deem yourself worthy of your time. I have been given a position of authority, and I don't really know why but I will use it to my advantage in this medium. You are all worthy individuals. I sit here with the benefit of 10 years knowledge in the "Real World." Ten years ago I would have begged for the knowledge I have now. Use your position as one to further the advances in the field of early childhood education. You are in the supreme position to make changes in the system. Use your power for good. BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD!

YOUR FRIEND,

JENN

No comments: