Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dreams

I usually take dreams and dream interpretation sites with a grain of salt. I do. I have always thought it was a cooky science. But lately I've been having weird, scary, creepy ones that I can't shake. So I turned to this site for some guidance....this doesn't make me a quack, I swear!

Last night I had a dream that I was on a college campus I couldn't identify and there were a bunch of in ground pools. The details are fuzzy, but I was walking around with my brother and a friend trying frantically to find MY CAR. I couldn't remember where I had parked it and I was SURE it had been moved by the parking gods on college campuses. This tells me at first that I have spent way too much of my life on a college campus and looking for parking on one. But I was so disturbed by this notion of not remembering (my grandparents are suffering horrible dementia currently so that may have something to do with this) I couldn't fall back asleep. Even now, at noon, after having been awake for six or so hours, I can't shake this dream.

The site above says the following:

"To dream that you forget or can't find where you parked your car indicates that you are dissatisfied or unhappy with an aspect of your waking life. You do not know what you really want to do with your life or where you want to go." 

I have always struggled with this. In a world where I have options, I find it incredibly crippling to make one decision to stick with. Even as I complete an advanced degree in a field I LOVE, I still find it incredibly limiting to be tied down to something for the rest of my life. 

Does anyone else feel this way? 

Does anyone else listen to their dreams and look them up in dream dictionaries? 

What have you learned from this? 

Will my quarter life crisis last well into my mid-life crisis? 

I'm floundering about today....any calming words or experiences are appreciated.....

No comments: