Friday, September 12, 2014

Another Friday

How is it that a week can go by so fast? I swear I got very little of my non-work items completed this week. UGH. Still struggling with the teacher license board here over stupid shit. And still applying to school districts for sub jobs for stable income. I have to say though I LOVE my adult ESL classes. I almost said in an instructor meeting yesterday that I was considering changing the focus of my Master's from speech to linguistics/ESL teaching but held back for some reason. And I will too because the Applied Linguistics degree at GA State is excellent and so much easier to get into than the Speech Path program (of which I've been rejected twice). So it may just be a better fit. I wish there were more $$$ in it though. As it is I'm only working 20 hours a week (which is doable at $20/hour) but no benefits and the hours totally depend on how many students attend during a particular session. If students drop I am out of a job and because many students I teach are undocumented in the US they can leave and will at anytime during the session. Which just speaks to the nature of the country more than anything. I wonder though if I were to get a Master's in the field I'd be able to apply for University teaching jobs in ESL and it would be steadier work. Just food for thought. Another weekend is upon us and I have another long run in prep for half marathon training and some moving prep. We are moving to a two-bedroom in the same complex in October. It will be worth it, but I hate moving! And especially the same complex. It seems like a slap in the face to pack everything up, move 100 yards, and unpack everything again. I did it in 9th grade when my mom wanted a bigger house and found one in our SAME neighborhood. It seems like a slap in the face. Oh well. Moving up. Cats are doing well. Leonard still has worms that bastard. Tech told us to give him half a pill but he was over 5 lbs so now I have to spend more $$$ and give him TWO pills that he probably won't swallow because he's a CAT. Such is life. That's about it. What fun things do you have planned this weekend?

No comments: