Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back to the Grindstone

Tomorrow I head back to the Twin Cities for the final crunch of the year. I'm excited to be going back, I really am. It was nice to come home, but really, there is nothing here in Atlanta for me anymore. Aside from the few friends I have here and my immediate family, there is nothing to do here and nothing keeping me here. I will miss my mom, dad, Sam, Emily, Alisha, and others that once resided here, but it really is time to move ahead. I need to establish who I am and who the greater world intended me to be. I know it intended me to be something other than what I am now. And I need to establish this far, far away from here.

When I fly out of this city tomorrow morning, I will set some goals for myself. I'm not quite sure what those goals should be, but I will come up with them and write them in my more personal journal. I don't know how much of those of those goals I want to smear all over the world wide web. I'll decide and get back here to report my decision. I also have a laundry list a mile long of things I need to do for school on Monday. I'm trying not to stress out about it or think about it until I get to work. I need to separate work and play more, I know this. But I also need to be a lot more organized about my after school art class that I'm teaching and I need to invest in an apron for said class. I need to write more by hand just for me, and spend less time on the Internet wasting time avoiding writing. I need to do more things just for me. And I need to work on goal setting strategies and sticking to them consistently.

I need a mission statement for my life. Anyone want to help me draft one?
Post a Comment