Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rambling random thoughts. WARNING: Incoherent post ahead

As I type this, I should be reading and typing responses to two more chapters of Mosaic of Thought. It's Saturday night. I have no motivation to do so, but I have to get going because I have no time tomorrow. Somehow I think I bit off a little more than I can chew when it comes to the whole community event planning, school, two jobs, getting along with roommates, trying to be a decent human being thing. It's just not working. I'm going insane. Why can I never find a decent balance between work and play? Why did I just use the word decent three times in one paragraph? Why do I think of a hundred other things to do when I'm supposed to be doing homework? Why do I ask so many questions? The next chapter I have to read is a chapter about questioning as a comprehension strategy. Maybe that will help me. Anyway, I'm off to make some tea and sit down to study again. Blah. I love my life. Really, I do. If I can only tweak it a little to play more and work less. Good thing we are going to the cabin next week. I will need a real weekend after this mess of a pretend weekend. Ha! Later.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Can I be perfectly honest and say the title 'Mosaic of Thought' is kind of exhausting to me?

Jennrose2020 said...

Yes you may. I kind of think the same. It's half BS with some useful info tucked into corners sometimes. Is that why your brain almost exploded? Should I stop posting assignments? Can you be a little more specific as to why you are exhausted? Is it just that it's too cliche? Cause I get that it's totally cliche...the more I read of this book, the more I see that these folks aren't real teachers but teacher researchers. I hate teacher researchers. Which is probably why I have no motivation to read the last few chapters. Can I totally BS the last few chapters? And my clinical reflection? Maybe I'll call in sick to work tomorrow. I need the catchup day anyway. Is that bad?