Thursday, September 2, 2010

I need to do more reading on this, and I will...

...but, I also need some input too. Teachers, moms, or anyone that works with young children or foreign language learners.

What is your take on the language acquisition debate?

Is language simply a series of patterns to be learned and memorized, OR, does language need meaning behind the patterns to be learned effectively?

I know this will open up a can of worms, but it's been on my mind a lot lately in, well, my current position.

On another teaching note, I had a kid (of course, a Korean kid) tell me that SHE wants to be president of the USA today. Good luck with that one kid. Hate to burst your hopes and dreams...but, there's this thing we have called the citizenship rule...try explaining that to a newcomer English speaking nine-year-old. LOL.
Post a Comment