Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm shocked this didn't happen ages ago...but still a little weepy...LOL

I read this on a forum I frequent, and mourned a little for my childhood. I owned one of these up until my sophomore year in college, when I switched over to a CD portable player. It wasn't until I was out of college and working could I even begin to think about affording an MP3 player, and not even an iPod.


"The Walkman is officially dead.

After more than 30 years on the market, Sony has decided to end production and sales of their Walkman portable cassette players.

The final batch was produced in Japan back in April of this year and as soon as they're sold, there will officially be no more.

Since 1979, over 200 million Walkman cassette players have been sold.

Sony does say however, that they will continue to make and sell their CD and MiniDisc-based Walkmans.

Sure, we all love our tiny pocket-sized iPods, but the end of the Walkman is an end of an era!!"

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I'm pretty shocked they were still making them too! But when you sit down and think about it, wow does it make you feel old. :(

End of an era, indeed.

Lorraine