Sunday, December 5, 2010

Update

I haven't updated anything real or substantive on this blog in a while, and it's late here, so I will attempt an update. As I sit here and type this, DAMN YANKEES is the only thing on TV in English and you know how I love musicals and I've never seen this one, so I'm enjoying the musical numbers. Though this one is just a little too...old fashioned for my taste, I fear, and I didn't watch it from the beginning so I am a little lost.

The weekend started off a little slow. I am frustrated with my apartment never being clean enough for my standards and having no control. I am frustrated with being here six months and having to do six more months. I am just plain frustrated right now, and I have no idea why.

I did get to see a neat event this weekend though, and it's something I probably will not get to do justice to it, but I will try. It was Project Runway meets Battle of the Bands for Graphic Designers, in Korean. At a place that can only be described as part artist loft, part restaurant, and part bar. I was told it was German themed, but saw no evidence of Germany anywhere, not that I'd know what German was if it hit me in the face in a dark alley.

The whole thing took some getting used to, but by the end of the evening I found myself rooting for the "top left" screen or the "bottom right" screen as the designs come together in fifteen minute increments. You really had to be there. But it was a fun way to spend the evening and kept me from wallowing in self-pity, so I suppose it was an evening well spent.

As another week approaches (It's technically Monday now) I find myself eager to have something to do again but not wanting to go back to work. I guess it's no different from the rest of the working world. But as I think about it, I can't help but wonder: Maybe I'm whiny, but there has to be something better...

3 comments:

JQ said...

I'm no longer certain that there is anything better. I am actively lowering my expectations and learning to settle.

Helios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helios said...

That sounds awesome (the fashion/art show)! Hang in there, it gets better.