Sunday, July 22, 2012

Scariest damn morning

So I had a pretty scary morning at work. To make a long story short, I got locked in the bathroom. It was 5am. Who thinks to take a cell phone to the bathroom? But the door knob just didn't want to open from the inside, so I had to knock on the resident's room who shares a wall with that bathroom, wake her up, and ask her to open the door from the inside. Fortunately, it opened. But what would have gone down had it not opened? I had a not small panic attack thinking about what would have happened had the door been stuck. My residents don't know how to use the phone, so I don't know how I would have called for help. One more reason why we need a second staff here. Ugh. Rough morning. Definitely writing this up.

1 comment:

Blubtrflygrl said...

Yikes that is super scary. And while you can probably laugh about it later, it's sheer panic in the moment. This happened to me once when my son locked me out of the house. Fortunately I was able to get him to figure out how to unlock the front door (something I really don't want him to know how to do now).