Monday, January 21, 2008

Day off, not a day on

My day off has been fabulous so far. Even though I am the teacher that was left behind...I'm here now and I must deal with that. I have no idea what I must do for a quarter report, but that doesn't matter right now. I'm stressing but trying not to worry about it thus far. I'm also not going to bust my ass to make it to any more MLK day events than I really have to today. Which means that I'll be at the movie night at 6pm. So what if today is a "day on not a day off" for AmeriCorps members. I need a day off damn it and I'm sure you can identify with that. I've had it up to here with national service and I'm trying not to be too bitter about it. I love the program and I love the school and I love the kids but I need to start being better about taking time for myself. Which is what I"m doing today. Back to my book.

No comments: