Monday, January 28, 2008

You know you have...when

I know I've lived in Minnesota too long when a 30-degree temperature calls for one less layer and leaving the house without a hat or gloves. It's a sauna out there!

I know I've been in AmeriCorps too long when (I can come up with a dozen of these...give me a few days to narrow it down a little.)

--I feel like I'm going to turn into either a PB&J sandwich, or a a plate of pasta because I've eaten it for two solid years

--TV? What's that?

--Let's see: I attach Ameri-to EVERYTHING

--Cross-country road trip; It's all of a sudden no big deal to drive from the south to the mid-west. Note on that: I still think I'm crazy.

I still can't get over the fact that two people in one week have called me brave, courageous, and other complementary adjectives. It's kind of hard to believe, but something tells me I just need to start believing it. Start thinking a little more positively about myself and what I'm doing.

That being said, I have to go start another week at school. Oh how I love servicing nationally.

1 comment:

Michael Donovan said...

When it hits 45°F, people wear shorts. But you've got to admit: 30°F beats -15°F by a long way.

Welcome to Minneapolis.