Thursday, January 24, 2008

Strung out

I think have hit that moment at work where I am definitely STRUNG OUT. I love what I do and I love the people that I work with, but I'm exhausted. I'm tired of prepping lessons, I'm tired of correcting behavior, and I'm tired of having to please everybody all the time. I think I'm tired of being "ON" all the time. Is there something wrong with me? Should I look for more introverted work? I figured out yesterday that I felt better when I spent the last hour of my day in the office ALONE, working on my quarter report and figuring out what it is I actually do all day that makes me so tired. I know that I would be unhappy with a job where I couldn't talk to people or work with kids, but I think I have gotten myself a little over my head here. When and how do successful people find the balance between work and play. It's almost as if I'm working too hard, that I don't have the energy to go out and play. I put in my 110% at work, and then I'm supposed to go out and meet people and do fun things? I mean, what's that about? I'm young! I'm supposed to be enjoying life in my twenties, am I not? I am enjoying this part of it, but I have to admit that there are a lot of days when I feel like there has to be something more. There has to be something more than work. Am I going to end up alone? I have to start putting myself out there...what a scary thought! I suppose these are all just questions I have after a very long day (7:30am-8:30pm) of work. I should be better in the morning.

No comments: