Saturday, April 12, 2008

Let's see, I suppose it is update time!

This morning I hauled my rear end out of bed before 7am (on a Saturday no less) to make it to work a few shifts at the 19th Annual National Service Learning Conference hosted by the National Youth Leadership Conference at the Minneapolis Convention Center. I was a workshop hosts for two very similar workshops that talked about the importance of service learning and how to defend it to suspicious and unwilling administrators. I was the girl in the back with a bright yellow shirt that forced evaluations on people. I don't even like filling out evaluations myself, but whatever. It did leave me somewhat inspired to keep going with service learning and possibly pursue a career as a service-learning facilitator in a school or museum. I didn't make it to the key note address either, but I've seen Desmond Tutu speak and know his general message.

In other news, I'm going to be in Atlanta May 8-13 for the brother's graduation and Mother's Day, and possibly make it up to a camp friend's graduation party as well! Hermz that's you, if you are reading this!

We took the kiddos to Augsburg College yesterday, (it was endearing to see 10-year-olds roam a college campus with big eyes!) and this week start the beginning of a three week testing stretch that will probably continue well into May and last throughout the year. I hate testing. I secured the PCA gig and haven't started yet because I can't find my passport as a means of proof for the payroll dept. What a pain in the butt! I will find it later when I decide to clean my room, hopefully!

In other news, I really want to pursue a career in writing, and I'm working on compiling my writing resume as a separate document to my regular resume. If anyone reading this has any tips for that, I would appreciate them. I've never done this before and I'm taking tips from the web, but I don't know how accurate they are. We'll see how it goes.

I think that is all the update I have for now. I might be going to a roller derby for the first time tonight. Should be interesting, as I've never done anything like this before either. I'll keep you posted, of course!

No comments: