Saturday, April 19, 2008

This is what happens when...

One graduates college with a degree in Early Childhood Education and finally decides that it is beyond her to actually take on a classroom. I've been a classroom assistant for almost a year now, and I've finally come to the conclusion that like Elphaba in Wicked, "I Don't Want It, I Can't Want It...ANYMORE!" I am off to DEFY GRAVITY, and the expectations that I have for myself and the expectations people have for me! I couldn't ask for more. I have a free Saturday night and I'm listening to A Prairie Home Companion after chaperoning for the 5th Grade Math Tournament at North High School.

It's a good life.

Sure it is.

I'm on my way.

Garrison Keillor is broadcasting live from New York this evening, and I secretly (ok, maybe not so secretly) wish I were there! My offer for a place to stay in the Big Apple still stands for September, but I don't think I'm going to make it until least December of 2008 or the new year. (Sorry Danielle.) I'll explain later.

I hope everyone reading this is having a super weekend!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I just recently discovered wicked and feel like Elpheba too.