Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So, I think I've found a part time job

For now, at least. I had an interview with J, over at Farenheight 360 in St. Paul, and I have an interview with a client for a PCA (personal care assistant) tomorrow. In retrospect, I feel like this is what I'm supposed to be doing, instead of barking up restaurant's trees and not having them call back. I've always worked with children, and I have a pretty good head on my shoulders, so I don't think this will be too hard. Plus, I just think I'm darn good at what I do. It pays pretty well too, with good flexible hours I can work around my AmeriCorps school schedule until I'm done in July. Then I can pick up more hours once that is done. It seems that they work with a lot of students too, so if I do decide to go back to school, they would be flexible with those hours as well. I'll definitely keep my faithful readers posted. But it seems that I will be taking care of still MORE children. Good experience. Good experience.

Speaking of good experience, starting tomorrow I'm up to RED LAKE, Minnesota to do some service work with their AmeriCorps team, which basically means we get to meet with the chief of the tribe there and pretend to be disaster victims for their disaster relief training. I'm sure it will mean some other things too, and I will be happy to report them as well once I get back. I'm looking forward to getting out of the Twin Cities for awhile and away from my house mates and babies that live there.

No comments: