Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mildly amusing

My most recent conversation with the parentals this evening went as follows:

Me: Hi, it's me! I just called because I wanted to let you know I found this really great organization here in the Twin Cities that I am going to apply to...

My dad: Does this organization pay money?

Me: Why is that your first question? Of course it does. It's the organization of "yes we pay cash money."

My dad: Good, good. That's what we look for in jobs for my kids. Organizations of paying cash money for work.

Can you tell they are getting just a little sick of me doing Ameri-gigs for two years and my general "stop me before I volunteer again" attitude towards life?

Yeah. That about sums it up. I don't want to jinx it, so I'll let you know about said organization in a later post...stay tuned!

No comments: