Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm liking this delving into my past. Here's a little more.

8/16/06

We are two workdays into our Harrison County Office project and our team is, so far, pretty disgruntled about it all already. I can't say I didn't expect the sitting around and waiting for people to walk into our walk-in center to take a survey about what still needs to be done on their home, but it just makes me feel bad because I know there are people to help and so many more things to do, and us sitting on our asses waiting to "assess needs" while learning how to play new card games (Yukre and Hand and Foot over two days, not bad!) is slightly more than unsettling.

Yesterday was our first real day on the job, and upon arrival at the head-quarters office, Maggie splits us off in pairs. We were to be stationed at a center with an older couple that is a part of a Christian organization that also does disaster relief. I got paired with Joey randomly and already I started freaking out, though I don't really know why.

No comments: