Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Official at Work: They Know (and I Feel a Little more Free Now)

I sent the following to the staff today:

April 13, 2010

Dear {School Name} Staff:

I love and respect you all. You are seriously one of the best school staffs and group of co-workers I have ever worked with--so talented, professional, (and fun!)--all of you. You took me in as if I were a part of your family when I was new to the state. I must also say that I am very thankful for my time at {school name}. I have allowed myself to grow professionally and personally in ways I never would have if I hadn't have been placed here as an AmeriCorps tutor just two short years ago. Thank you for being such a supportive, caring group of individuals.

That said, I want to say that my employment at {school name} and {school district} is coming to a close. I was offered an opportunity to teach English in Seoul, South Korea and after great debate, have decided to accept. I have been looking forward to teaching English abroad for quite some time now. This is the time. It's now or never. My assignment begins May 31, 2010. I am therefore giving my two weeks' notice starting today. In order for me to prepare for my assignment overseas, I am requesting that my last day at {school name} be Friday, April 30, 2010.

This is a new adventure and chapter in my life. Of course I am thrilled. I want to keep in touch with so many of you and share my journey. Thank you for understanding my need to branch out and "spread my wings." I will miss you and the students dearly.

Yours in Service,

Recycled Art Girl
recycledartguru@gmail.com

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congratulations!!