Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some more things I know

I went to the information session for Augsburg College's Department of Physician Assistant Studies (that's right, I want to entirely change careers at some point post-Korea) and holy buckets if this program is not intense.

First, let's take a look at the PREREQUISITES required for this program, none of which I currently have because I wasn't a science major in college. I think the first order of business will be knocking this out of the water before I can even think about applying. They want me to have the following:

1. 1 full course of GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY
2. 1 full course of DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY
3. 1 full course of MICROBIOLOGY
4. 1 full course of BIOCHEMISTRY
5. 1 full course of PHYSIOLOGY at the science major level
6. 1 full course of INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS
7. 1 full course of MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY

Uh, if that's not enough to make me freak out, I don't know what is. I can do this though. One class at a time I can handle. Even if I wanted to go back to school for a nursing degree, all of these courses are required. Maybe that's my route. Just spewing some thoughts here.

No comments: