Friday, July 12, 2013

Three Things Thursday, on a Friday


I've started reading The Daily Mel and really like her style and message, and so I will swipe this from her...thanks in advance. (It's better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?)

1. Weight Watchers is going. I've kind of hit a plateau recently and can't seem to make it to my next milestone. But I've been slacking on activity and tracking lately, and upped my activity this week hitting 100% on my ActiveLink six days in a row. Still, I must be a better tracker, so that is my goal for this week. I was lazy yesterday and only hit 93%, but was proud of that because I didn't feel like doing anything and still ended up going for a walk for about a mile after dinner. A little more progress.

2. Car is in the shop. I've been without a car for a few days now as it gets tuned up around 100K for my journey out west. My baby is getting two new tires (I knew it needed it as I've been adding air every other week!) It's also getting a new battery after having a series of short-lived AutoZone batteries. I like my mechanic, and he said he's had a number of customers lately who complain of the same issue. AutoZone has given me free batteries in the past when I complain that they don't last that long. Just a heads up. I also realize that when you don't have a vehicle you walk more. I know why the fitness thing was so easy when I was younger. I simply didn't have a choice. Funny how that works, right?

3. I am getting more and more anxious about the start of school. I haven't done school full time in seven years, despite loving the feeling of learning. I've never really done full-time graduate level courses. Will I be good enough? Professional enough? Only time will tell. So excited, but so nervous to actually be living the dream I have dreamed for five years now.

What are three things going on in your life currently?

No comments: