Sunday, February 1, 2009

A piece of history

 

I'm a sucker for a piece of history and historical documents, and I love this one. I found it in my father's box of my grandmother's important documents when she died last year, and I respect that the high school diploma did her well for her entire life. My grandmother was no more than high school educated, worked her way through job after job and taught herself the bnokkeeping profession. To this day I remember how she can take a string of numbers and come up with a sum in under 20 seconds. This came in handy during our many scrabble games. Oh grandma, how I miss thee. So this is my tribute to you. It's also amazing to note how high school deplomas never change, over time. Mine from 2000 looks strikingly similar to this one, in the 1900s.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: