Monday, June 16, 2008

Introspection is a BITCH!

I'm doing more reflecting for my PCA job, and while it's valuable, I'm finding out some things that I'd rather not know. Not now, anyway. For example, I have more DRAINS then FUELS. I suppose that's not a good thing. Take the test, and find out what is Fueling and Draining you.

What’s Draining You?
(Start with 100 pts. Subtract 2 points per item checked.)

Relationships
_____ There are people in my life who often drain my energy (-2 per person).
_____ I have unreturned phone calls, e-mails, or letters that need to be handled.
_____ I have an unresolved conflict with a family member.
_____ I lack quality friendships in my life.
_____ I feel a void in my life created by the lack of a romantic partner.
_____ There is someone I need to forgive.
_____ There is a relationship I need to end.
_____ There is a phone call I dread making, and it causes me stress.
_____ I’m currently involved in a relationship that compromises my values.
_____ I miss being a part of a loving and supportive community.

Environment
_____ My car is in need of cleaning and/or repair.
_____ My wardrobe needs updating and/or alterations.
_____ I’d like to live in a different geographic location.
_____ I have appliances that need repair or upgrading.
_____ My home is not decorated in a way that nourishes me.
_____ My closets and/or basement are cluttered and need to be cleaned.
_____ Repairs need to be done around my home or apartment.
_____ My home is cluttered and disorganized.
_____ I miss having more beauty reflected in my environment.
_____ I watch too much television.

Body, Mind, and Spirit
_____ I eat food that’s not good for me.
_____ Something about my physical appearance bothers me.
_____ It’s been too long since I’ve been to the dentist.
_____ I do not get the sleep I need to feel fully rested.
_____ I’d like to exercise regularly but never seem to find the time.
_____ I have a health concern for which I’ve avoided getting help.
_____ I have emotional needs that consistently go unmet.
_____ There are books that I’d like to read but never seem to find time for.
_____ I lack personal interests that are intellectually stimulating.
_____ I lack a spiritual or religious practice in my life.

Work
_____ I no longer enjoy my job and have a hard time showing up each day.
_____ My work is stressful and leaves me exhausted at the end of the day.
_____ My office is disorganized, my desk is a mess, and I have trouble finding what I need.
_____ I’m avoiding a confrontation or conflict at work.
_____ I tolerate bad behavior from a boss or coworker.
_____ I am not computer literate, and it gets in the way of my productivity.
_____ I lack the proper office equipment that I need to do my job well.
_____ My work does not allow me to express my creativity.
_____ I know I need to delegate specific tasks but am unable to let go of control.
_____ I feel overwhelmed with the amount of information that enters my life in the form of mail, books, magazines, and e-mail.

Money
_____ I have tax returns that are not filed or taxes that are not paid.
_____ I pay my bills late.
_____ I spend more than I earn.
_____ I don’t have a plan for my financial future.
_____ My credit rating is not what I’d like it to be.
_____ I do not have a regular savings plan.
_____ I do not have adequate insurance coverage.
_____ My mortgage rate is high and I need to refinance.
_____ I have debt that needs to be paid off.
_____ My will is not up to date.

What’s Fueling You?
(There are 100 points available. Add 2 points for each item checked to arrive at total.)

Relationships
_____ I enjoy the company of special friends.
_____ I share my life with a soul mate.
_____ I have a blood family or chosen family with whom I feel close.
_____ I get immense pleasure from spending time with children.
_____ I have a pet that brings me joy and provides me with unconditional love.
_____ I spend time with people who make me laugh.
_____ I am part of a loving and supportive community.
_____ I have relationships that stimulate me intellectually.
_____ I have people I can turn to in times of need.
_____ I have relationships where I feel intimately connected to others.

Environment
_____ I have a special “soul nurturing” place in my home for me.
_____ I listen to my favorite music regularly.
_____ I love my sense of style and feel good in the clothes I wear.
_____ I’ve let go of all the “stuff” I no longer need.
_____ I keep fresh flowers in my home and office.
_____ My home is neat, clean, and well organized.
_____ I create beauty around me.
_____ I love the neighborhood I live in.
_____ My bedroom is the perfect place to get a good night’s sleep.
_____ I have at least one room with a beautiful view that I enjoy.

Body, Mind, and Spirit
_____ I exercise regularly.
_____ I have eliminated caffeine from my diet.
_____ I have a way to relax that eliminates stress and keeps me feeling centered.
_____ I eat healthy and nutritious foods.
_____ I care for my body with regular healthcare checkups and bodywork appointments.
_____ Each day I read something inspirational to keep my attitude positive.
_____ I have a spiritual practice that connects me with my Wise Self.
_____ I feel a strong connection to a power greater than myself.
_____ I set aside regular time for solitude and silence.
_____ I have a safe and healthy outlet for my emotional well-being.

Work
_____ I enjoy my work.
_____ My commute is stress free.
_____ I have a mentor who guides and encourages me.
_____ I always take lunch breaks.
_____ I have colleagues who inspire and respect me.
_____ I take mental health days when I need them.
_____ I feel energized at the end of most work days.
_____ My office is a beautiful space that’s well organized and free from distraction.
_____ My work contributes to a larger vision that I have for my life.
_____ My ideas and talents are welcome at work.

Money
_____ I always carry enough cash with me.
_____ I have a system to keep my finances in order, and I know where my money goes.
_____ I am fullyhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif insured and protected.
_____ I save money consistently.
_____ My taxes are paid and up to date.
_____ I’ve made smart investments that earn me top dollar.
_____ I enjoy being generous and easily share my wealth.
_____ I pay myself first.
_____ I spend my money on things that I love.
_____ I pay my credit cards in full each month.


From Take Time from Your Life
By Cheryl Richardson

No comments: