Saturday, January 23, 2010

I just quit my part time gig!

I was really worried about this for a while, but in a totally honest email I lay out the facts of my schedule to my supervisor and she totally agreed, thanked me for my honesty, and welcomed be back anytime I wanted to pick up some extra hours. How awesome are these people? It just goes to show how much it pays to be honest with myself and others, I guess. Now I know what my limits are in terms of work. I feel like such a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I have tomorrow free, and I have the rest of February free to do what I wish with my weekends. Granted, the extra $$$ was nice, but totally not worth my sanity. I have enough to live on for the remainder of the school year, and that's all that is important. I also applied and got called back to a second interview with the Girl Scout Council up here for the summer, so that's exciting news. I need to get crackin' on my teach abroad application, because that's going to be my plan for fall. Go go gadget. Now I'm off to a totally awesome book release party for some totally awesome girls here.

Peace,

Recycled Art Girl

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yay way to get that done and good luck with the Girl Scout council!