Monday, December 24, 2007

Ok, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

It never really is, is it? Or is that the couple of glasses of wine speaking? Probably a little of both at hand. No, I'm not happy with the way I look or act or generally where I am in life right now. But no, that doesn't mean I have to take it out on the people around me. Regardless of what they are thinking (and it's not fair to assume anything) they are cool people in different stages of life. Maybe I am a little jealous. Of both generations. I'm jealous of the cousins who still have the majority of their college lives ahead of them. I'm jealous of their fresh, clean slate. I'm also jealous of the older generation who has their life figured out, as well. I, in a small way, would like to be there. Settled, and done with it all and out of this twenty-something miserable questioning existence. Maybe I don't mean that. Maybe I really do mean that the pain is the journey and I should just relish it and enjoy the journey as the great part of life. Maybe I should just stop thinking about it so much. Maybe it should be left alone for a while. Who knows? Maybe I will write a bad holiday song like The Story of the American Duggans to the tune of The Beverly Hillbillies and actually make a little dough off of it. Long story. Weed anyone?

No comments: