Friday, February 22, 2008

More of my ramblings

Have you ever been to that point where you know people are talking about you, and you want to walk away, and you just can’t? Not because you want to hear what they have to say about you, but because you want to see their reaction when they find out that you in fact are standing right there and want to see them take their foot out of their mouth for on moment. Maybe it's an insane craving for some schadenfreude, but I happened upon one of these instances today. I was on my way to second period French, and I saw them pointing and laughing. Before you say anything, no, I'm not paranoid. I watched them form my name with their lips and then quickly looked down at the floor. I watched for a moment, and then I looked down at the floor as I passed. I didn’t want to know what they were saying about me, but I had a sneaking suspicion it was in reference to what happened last period with the biology paper.
I just stood there. I stood there and I waited to see what she would do with her finger. She was pointing in my direction before she realized I was standing there. Then when she realized I was behind her she tried to take her finger away and realized I was staring straight at her. She realized it was too late and I just wanted to laugh at her so hard. I wanted to say now it’s time to take you foot out of your mouth and tell me you weren’t talking about me and have me believe it. I’d like to see her try.
I’ve never believed that a woman should perch herself on a barstool, waiting for a man. It’s so undignified. It’s disgusting, actually. I’ll come to you, thank you very much. If my girlfriends go out and want to perch themselves like birds on stools to order drinks, I’m leaving. No offense intended, but I just can’t do that. It’s almost beneath me. I can’t respect any woman who drinks beer perched from a stoop. I don’t see how any woman can.

No comments: