Thursday, February 7, 2008

I've found it. My purpose has hit me in a dream.

I was talking to a camp friend tonight, a girl who is graduating this spring and is a prospective teacher. It came to me during this conversation that what this world is lacking is a teacher community. Not just at school, but at home as well. I could have benefited so immensely when I was teaching from a support network of young, first and second year teachers AT HOME, to share stories with, swap techniques over dinner with, and just generally vent frustrations to away from the workplace. It would be a healthy relationship, we'd do other non-work stuff together too, because that was another thing I felt lacking (socialization) when I was teaching and felt I didn't have a group of people to hang out with and do fun stuff with on the weekends. There just was no time! I have so much in common with teachers and generally get along with them. So why doesn't some one start a co-op of teacher housing communities somewhere? Perhaps this will be my next great big idea. This is something I strongly believe in, and would not mind putting effort into the idea of developing physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy teachers for the good of children everywhere. Now that I think of it, this might be my new life's mission/purpose. By golly, everyone call Princeton and Kate Monster. I think I've found my purpose. And NO, I am not HIGH.

No comments: