Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Detox Over

Thank god and all things holy (or wholly) for that. Tonight was a housemates birthday, so I found it rather fitting that on the last day of of the detox I had pumpkin pie and lasagne. Good stuff. I forgotten how much I miss sweet carbs. And I didn't really indulge and overdo it like I usually do. I don't feel bloated or sick, just satisfied. I suppose the detox did its job. Or maybe it's all in my head. Who knows. Now if only I can keep up with that moderate attitude throughout the year.

In other news, I'm making a lot of good progress at work. I feel really good about this year, like it can be a good thing. Positive relationships with other teachers and co-workers...supportive environment. I've switched my schedule around on Mondays and Wednesdays so that I can stay for after school without going over my hours during the day so I don't have come in until 10 am!

And how cool is the Rational Number Project? I will probably end up doing another post on this sometime soon, but I'll just say that this tool is very awesome. Lots to do this sememster, and lots to learn both in school and at work (in a school) I feel like a kid and a teacher all over again.

How cool is that?

No comments: