Friday, July 4, 2008

I miss the days when...

it was almost a given that you had plans for fireworks and the Fourth of July. My work plans canceled themselves WITHOUT calling me (ARG) and now I'm stuck in a state I don't know and my roommates are with their families and I miss the Camp Misty Mountain days where we would head up to Chattanooga and watch fireworks over the river and I always had someone to do something with. Even last summer was a blast. I was living in Charleston working at the museum, and headed down to meet said CMM crew in Savannah, and watched fireworks over the river. Now I'm in a town with a bigger river, but it's like I didn't meet anyone this year. Gosh getting old sucks. Gosh growing up sucks worse. I guess I'll deal, and I'm sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out there to the blogging world. Anyone else feel like this?